Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE PREGAME SHOW

My idea of romance is my sweetheart and I, relaxing on a Sunday, watching football. While he checks his Fantasy Football lineup, I'm reviewing my football poole picks of the week. As the hostess with the mostess, who also loves football, I am confronted with a 20 week dilemma...Do we order food or do I prep something on Saturday that will be welcomed before, during and after the games? My main goal is to LOUNGE, as much as possible, on Sundays, so planning is a must! The following recipe can be made a day ahead.

THE PRE GAME SHOW - Spinach Omelet
Serves: 2 - 3
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Things You Will Need:
Medium Bowl
Whisk
8x4inch Loaf Pan*
Ingredients:
6 Large Eggs
1 Cup Organic Baby Spinach, rinsed and patted dry
1/2c Salsa
1/2c Milk
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2c Shredded Cheddar - optional
1/2tsp Black Pepper
1/2tsp Paprika
1/2tsp Garlic Powder
1/2c Shredded Cheese - optional
Cooking Spray

1.   Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.  Spray Loaf Pan with cooking spray
3.  **In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, baking powder, pepper, paprika & garlic powder, until just mixed
4.  Stir in spinach and salsa
5.  Pour mixture into prepared pan & bake 20 minutes or until sides of omelet pull away from pan
6.  Sprinkle cheese of your choice on omelet and continue cooking until it melts.

Pair this healthy dish with some fresh fruit, toast and a mimosa. ENJOY!

* I use an oval pan to make my omelet. A loaf pan will produce the same delicious results.
** Salt is not added to this recipe because of the use of salsa. If, however, you choose to add tomatoes, onions & bell pepper instead of salsa, add 1/2tsp sea salt.







No comments:

Post a Comment