Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chocolate Cobbler

I was on Pinterest last week and saw a pin of Chocolate Cobbler. Since I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, the images posted didn't look so appetizing (neither does mine). I was really intrigued because I had never heard of this dessert, so I asked my buddy Joyce if she had made it or ever tasted it. She hadn't made or had it either. I googled the recipe and added a couple of ingredients to it. I gave my version of the recipe a try on Labor Day and I'm glad I did. It is awesome! The next time I make it I'll add some some cream cheese to the "large bowl."




Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:  40 - 45 minutes
Makes 1, 12 inch cobbler


Ingredients
1c Unsalted Butter

1 1/4 c Sugar
1 1/2 c Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 c Whole Milk
2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Pure Lemon Extract

1 cup Sugar
6 Tbsp Cocoa

2 cups boiling water


  • Place 12 inch dutch oven on center rack in oven
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Place butter in dutch oven to melt
  • While butter is melting boil water
  • Mix 1 1/4 cup sugar and next five ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside
  • In a small bowl whisk sugar and cocoa 
  • When butter has melted, pour ingredients from large bowl over butter. DO NOT STIR
  • Sprinkle sugar/cocoa mixture over flour mixture. DO NOT STIR
  • Pour boiling water over cocoa mixture. DO NOT STIR
  • Bake for 40 - 45 minutes
  • Squeeze a lemon wedge over cobbler
Top with whipped cream and ENJOY!


2 comments:

  1. Wow...I think my family will love this. You think it's good topped with ice cream? The ingredients are so simple...I'll be trying it real soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome with ice cream. I topped it with banana fritters and whipped cream on Labor Day and my parents loved it.

    ReplyDelete